Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 11, 2007/ 24 Hours

On Today, my mother and I arrived at the hospital ready to talk to a man we met Tuesday night named Mr. Jimmy. Mr. Jimmy is here because his grandson is fighting RSV (a respiratory virsus). Ready to talk to him about the good works God has done and what he is about to do. Well on my way to see my daughter, the doctor stops me and says that I need to talk to you. I visited my daughter and I talked to her and I rubbed her head to let her know that I was there. When I finished visiting my daughter (DeAnna) I go to the private family room to talk to the doctor. The doctor says that there are some problems. The problems are that her heart functions are not what they suppose to be. The main function that they are looking for is for her main blood vessel to strenghthen and pump blood through and pump it through faster. If her heart functions don't improve within 24 hours then they will bring the family in to talk about taking her off the ECMO machine and letting her pass away. Well my mother asked the doctor "why 24 hours and why not 48 hours or why not Tuesday?" The nurse tells my mom that based on past experiences that if the heart functions don't strengthen within 24 hours then they don't have a chance to survive. Another function that the doctor was looking for is the function of her kidneys, bladder, and liver. The doctor says that all her functions are dieing and that they don't have much of a chance to survive either. After talking with the doctor, I took the information very hard. My heart dropped and it went sinking. But my mother said "Rejoice! Girl you better rejoice!" I took that and just closed my eyes for a second. Then she said "We will take 24 hours and watch what God has in store." I was so emotionmally worried that I stayed at the hospital to just let her know that I was there with her through ever step of the way. I checked on her throughout the night. As the morning approached I said that I was just going to check on her and go home to take a shower and come back. While visiting I run into the doctor again and she says "once you finish I would like to talk to you about some things." After visiting I talk with the doctor and she says "nothing has become worse and nothing has improved but we will wait another 24 hours." Like the first time, I took it hard but not to hard. I said "okay! Thank you!" I called my mom and I told her the news and she says "ok! Thank God! Another 24 hours!" Well it is today (Sunday, January 13, 2008) and she is still holding on. We still have another 24 hours and will continue to have 24 hours until she is well enough to go home.

No comments: